United Methodist Women
About The United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization
for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering
spiritual growth, developing leaders, and advocating for justice.
Members raise up to $20 million each year for programs and projects related
to women, children, and youth in the United States and in more than 100
countries around the world.
The National Office of the United Methodist Women in New York City is
the national policy-making body of this group.
About The BWC United Methodist Women
slide show on the BWC UMW
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of
women whose purpose is:
- to know God
- to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ
- to develop a creative supportive fellowship
- to expand concepts of mission through participation in the
global ministries of the Church.
BWC UMW Mission team retreat at New Windsor, Maryland
Presentation to the 2014 Annual Pre-Conference, Laity Session
message from the Women's Division (now "National Office")
- It's official as of October 1, 2012! Read this
Our newsletter: The Flame
Oct 25, BWC UMW Annual Celebration Meeting, 9:30 registration,
celebration 10-3:30 PM, at the Conference Mission Center.
View the flyer.
The flyer is also
attached to the current issue of the Flame.
Nov 22 Conference Training for District Officers at the Conference Mission
Nov 23-25 UN Trip, New York. Download the
May 15-17, 2015, The Charter for Racial Justice Seminar, Blackstone
Conference Retreat Center, VA. Download the
June 16-18, 2016:
Northeast Jurisdiction United Methodist Women Quadrennial Meeting.
"A Fresh Wind Blowing" John 3:8, to be held
at the Syracuse, New York OnCenter.
Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more information.
UMW/UMM Collaboration to Stop Domestic Violence
District and Local Organization
Diversity Today Checklist (PDF)
UMW National Office
UMW National Office
Oct 14, Wesley Learning Center, Chapel Service 11 AM, Wesley Theological
Seminary, Washington, DC.
Oct 11, 2014: UMW/UMM, Stopping Domestic Violence Training, 8 AM - 5 PM,
Sharp Street Memorial UMC, Baltimore.
Sep 27, 2014 Susanna Wesley House Luncheon, 12 noon, Grand Venue Hotel,
- August 8-10, 2014: Mission U. Bethesda Marriott, 5151 Pooks Hill Road,
Bethesda, MD. Download the flyer (in MSWord format) for
Adults or for
- June 6-12, 2014: Sojourn to Sacredness. Explore with us the history,
ecology and the concerns of the Patuxent River from its headwater
to the Chesapeake Bay via kayak, van rides, short hikes and outdoor camping
under the stars. This is a program of United Methodist Women from the Office
of Environmental and Economic Justice. Download the
- May 30, 2014: UMW/UMM Special Luncheon at the BWC Annual Conference.
- April 25-27, 2014: ASSEMBLY, Louisville, Kentucky
For information visit
- March 29, 2014: Epworth House Mission Project, 50th Annual Spring
Luncheon, 11:30 AM at Holiday Inn, College Park, MD.
- March 29, 2014: COSROW event, "The Sandwich Generation", at the BWCUMC
Conference Center, Fulton, MD, 2:30pm - 5:30 pm.
Download the flyer: COSROW-Flyer-2014.pdf.
- February 19, 2014, 10:30-3:00: MD Legislative Advocacy Day 2014,
co-sponsored by the B-W Conference United Methodist Women and the
B-W Conference Board of Church and Society. Download the
This year's focus issue was "Domestic Violence and Abuse".
- January 31-February 2, 2014, BWC UMW provided a Security Support
Team to help out at ROCK.
- January 4, 2014, 10-2 PM at Conference Mission Center: BWC UMW
Mission Leadership Team Planning Retreat (Roundtable).
- 2013 events
- Fall 2012 events
- Spring 2012 events
- Fall 2011 events
- Spring 2011 events
- District Annual Meetings, 2011
For more information, see our page at the
Baltimore Washington Conference site:
and the UMW National Office's web site:
Thanks to Cokesbury Memorial UMC
for providing the web hosting for our site.